NTLDR is missing... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default NTLDR is missing...

I get this everytime i boot up and i cant do ANYTHING! It says press a key to boot from a cd when i have my hard drive in and i cant press a key and then it times out and says ntldr is missing.

when the hard drive is in just about the only thing i can do is go to the bios setup but if i take the hard drive out i can do everything... its just to bad you need a hard drive. I just received the hard drive and it hasnt ever been used before and I also tried the windows recovery and fixboot and all that...

Should i just RMA my hard drive?

check it out!!!!!!!!

in my old forum you needed 1000 posts and they selected your title.. you people are wacked out!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Have you just installed Windows XP?

It's unlikely to be your hard drive that is causing you the problem.

Ensure that the jumpers on the hard drive are configured correctly, and that the IDE cable is plugged in correctly.

Go into your BIOS options, and check your device boot order to ensure that the hard drive in question is set to boot first.

|Desktop PC| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)| |AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz OC| |Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO| |Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Super Overclock 1GB| |ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD SATA III HDD| |Kingston HyperX 8GB PC3-14900 DDR3-1866| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 08-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

re-install windows XP. also you do not need a hdd. many linux OS's will run easily from a cd or other removeable device
Visit my website - nitestick.net
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

check your boot.ini file amd make sure you are accessing the correct partition
Closed Thread