NSIS, Installing errors!! Help me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgy

Beta member
having a lot of trouble installing things onto my computer. Its a brand new computer, and it runs well, but iv been trying to install stuff onto my computer, and almost always i get an error when i try to install. Nsis errors telling me a corruption, or "unexpected end of file"
Im led to believe that the problem involves my motherboard somewhere, Iv flashed the bios to the newest version, and iv tried to get the drivers installed but when i install them, i get 'unexpected end of file' and the install aborts. (Damnit!)

Heres my specs:
Amd Athlon 64 3800+ X2 socket 939
Asus A8n SLI
Corsair ValueSelect 2x 512mb
WD Caviar 80 GB
eVGA Nvidia geforce 7800gt.

The computer is stable, no crashes or anything, so im not sure if its a compatability issue, it just thinks all this stuff is corrupted and stuff.
I thought it might be packet loss, but iv tested my connection and there were no sending or recieving errors.
My connection is Optimum online cable, through ethernet, routed through a linksys wired router. Also running Nvidia firewall, but iv had errors from things iv installed when it was disabled. Before i got my new computer, i was running the old on directly to the cable modem, through USB, not ethernet. Could my problem possibly relate to the use of ethernet?

Please help guys, im new to forum and all, hoping i can get some good help, and im going absolutely insane getting this **** problem worked out. thanks in advance for any help.

Ive been doing some reading on Nsis cause ive never heard of it.I don't know what this has to do with your situation but i found this web page with a little info and download of the Nsis program.So have a look.Dont know if it will help but cant hurt.

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom