Nothing on screen when switching power on!!! :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBum

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

My motherboard is a Asus P4S333/C.

Theres a serious problem with this computer i have. When i switch it on, i can hear the fans running, dvd drives work (ejecting works), everything seems fine. But nothing comes on the screen. I know for certain it's not the monitor or monitor cable because it works fine on my other computer.

When i turn it on, the hard drive light (yellow) and power light (green) both go on and about 15seconds later the harddrive light goes off and it just stays like that. I've taken the CMOS battery out overnight and put it back in in the morning but nothing still comes on screen. I've also tried taking out all the pci cards, changed the ram, even changed the harddrive but still same problem. I don't hear any beeps to indicate any error when switching on the computer. Is it a CPU problem?

Can anyone help? How can i tell if it's a motherboard or CPU problem? Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Brandon.

Try to hit F8 upon booting and start in safe mode.If that works then uninstall your video drivers reboot and reinstall your drivers.Make sure you use the right ones...

i get nothing on the screen when i switch the computer on. it's not a graphic card problem. i've even swapped graphic cards and still the same problem.

nope, the motherboard doesnt have intergrated graphics.

but if it was a graphics related problem, then the harddrive light should keep blinking because it should be loading into windows right? it doesn't do that, it just stop completely after 15seconds or so.

if there is a cpu problem, nothing comes on screen as well right?

ah i see... so its either a motherboard or cpu problem for sure... because i've tested/changed other components.

is there anyway to test if its the cpu or if its the motherboard failing without needing a replacement?

****... i don't have another motherboard with intel compatibilitys... all AMD's. oh well...

it's deffinately not the gfx card, i've also tested it with one that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom