nothing on screen - need help - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
OK here's a quick recap. I swapped out the stock heatsink/fan that came with my P4, and booted up fine, a few degrees cooler. Rebooted into bios to make sure everything was the same, and noticed my sdram speed was set to 266, instead of 400 like it should be, give the DDR400 and 800 FSB P4. I also set the AGP aperture to 128 MB, since I recently upgraded to a Radeon 9600. Exit saving changes > restarts. No beeps, no errors, just a blank screen and everything spinning away as it should. I tried swapping in my old Radeon 9000 to see if maybe the vid card was fried, and still nothing. I have a feeling if I can get back into the bios and reset everything to how it was, that may help. BUT, without a screen, I'm not able to know if i'm in the bios, and needless to say, work my way around.

On a side note, this happened earlier today and I will able to unhook my dell 24" lcd, and switch to my old crt and i got a visual. now that doesn't even work.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance. - Richard

Do u have onboard video card? if so take the ATI out and u should get a picture. and go in the bios and change back the video settings to whatever it was. and then put in the ATI back in and you should be fine.

no onboard card. i was able to switch the jumper on the mobo to "configure" which booted up the bios, allowed me to go back to old settings, and then had to switch jumper back and fire it up. on first startup, it showed the xp screen, then display just went out but everything kept running. trying to go into safe mode now to see if anything happens. this is bizarre.... any additional input would be helpful.

ok, so it seems to be working now. oddly, in my bios and the post msgs say that my ram is running at DD320 speeds, which it didn't used to do. I have a bad feeling if i change it back to 400, i'll run into the same issue i was having with the display. is that at all possible? also, when i run a system util, it's saying that my system bus is 800 mhz or so, and that wouldn't be possible if the ram was really running at 320, woudl it? thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom