nothing going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon S

Beta member
I hope this isn't a tough one to figure out. I turned my computer off the other night, and returned the next day. When I pushed the power button, the light doesn't come on anymore indicating power, but i hear the fans, dvd drive, and HDD all power up, but nothing shows on the screen. The motherboard doesn't have a power LED so I can't really tell if its getting power there. I have changed the PSU and still the same issue. Is it possible the case switch has gone bad? Would that cause the symptoms? Also it seems as if the fans are spinning at a higher RPM then normal. I have also reset the bios by removing the CMOS batt, and tried with a different monitor. Any ideas would really be appreciated. Thanks!!

If the switch was bad nothing would turn on not even fans. What are your specs? Also try starting it up with the bare minimum 1 stick of ram mobo and psu. No video cards, drives, or extra ram.

hello! Thank you for the quick response's. I tried the bare minimum and still nothing. No there isn't any post beep's at all. I also removed every component and checked for any electrical damage or smell and nothing at all. I removed the HDD and plugged it into another computer and the drive is undamaged. the specs of the rig are amd phenom 64, 3 gig ddr2, 500 gig hdd, and no GPU, only on board and the mobo is just one that came with computer (gateway). It did do something different after I put everything back together, i would push the power button and it would power up, but turn right back off. It did that for a few times and then returned to the original symptoms. I have absolutely no clue what this thing is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom