notebook screen is blank? dead hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1 i already answered. When you click on the file you will get a prompt from either WinZip or WinRar to extract them to ANY PLACE you wish. Be it your external or internal drives. Just lead it ot a folder in the place of your choice.

Q2 It depends on the way the Zip was done. Sometimes it can be done in a single zip other times it wont. If you see .r00, .r01 at the end of the file names it was a single large zip. If not you will have to extract them seperately. As for how they will be organized. That depends on how you Zipped them up. Most cases it will be in folders.

Q3 I dont know. I can not tell you cause i do not know how you did this backup. Only you should have the answer to this. It could be that some weeks it backed up more data while others it didnt. No one will be able to answer this for you but you.

Q4 I have told you this several times in this thread alone. Get someone who can tell the difference between hard drive noise and fan noise. That will be your BEST option to find out where to start.

I would SERIOUSLY recommend you get someone who can tell you the difference in the noise to tell you if it is the hard drive or not. The more and more you put it off the less likely you are to recover any data from the drive from constantly trying to boot the laptop.

If the lights stay on...the LCD is dead. Not the hard drive. Now that i have answered your questions several times without you listening to a word i have said i will stop now. I know i said it 2 other times now. In post 4 and 6 to take it to someone to look at it. You ignored me everytime i said this and continued to ask the same question over and over.

Asking how to figure out if it is the LCD or hard drive in every post when i have suggested a answer everytime is a nice way for people not to want to offer help if you are not willing to take it. 3 times now i have given you a bunch of suggestions and you only come back with more questions and no answers to anything i have asked. So sorry but i am done. I can not continue to give support to someone who does not wish to a suggestion and use it.

I would SERIOUSLY recommend you get someone who can tell you the difference in the noise to tell you if it is the hard drive or not. The more and more you put it off the less likely you are to recover any data from the drive from constantly trying to boot the laptop.

If the lights stay on...the LCD is dead. Not the hard drive.

As Mak said I strongly recommend you taking your laptop to some one who knows the difference from HDD sounds and that of a fan. If the drive is the cause of the problem (sounds more like a LCD error to me) but if the drive is faulty putting it into use will damage it an you will be less likely to get any data off it.

It sounds like you need the help of a professional my best advice is to take it to a local computer repair place an let them take a look at it. You obviously don't have the skills to do this on your own.

closed2ur0.gif

If you want help, accept it.

If you want to argue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom