Notebook Fan Speed Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

problematic

Baseband Member
Hey people,

I have a problem. Got a desktop and a notebook.

I've installed cooling fans on my desktop, and have downloaded SpeenFan to control the fan speeds and it works fine and dandy!!

Thing is, my notebook is also running warm, and so I installed SpeedFan on it, to try and up the speed of the fan, (as it is running at a low speed), but I can't control the fan. I've just downloaded Notebook Hardware Control 1.9, and still I am unable to control the fan speed.

It may be that my notebook does not support this feature, however, it seems strange, as its quite a new notebook, much newer than my desktop, so I would have thought it possible to do.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 1691WMLi.

If anyone could please advise me if I can control the system fan, and how, I would be most grateful!!!

P.S. I'm looking to buy a cooling pad for my notebook, but would like to know how to control the fan speed nonetheless!!!

Thank you!!

Not all computers & notebooks have fans that can be controlled via software. Best thing to do (before cooling pad) is to just be sure that all of the vents are clear of obstructions and dust that would impact airflow, thus raising the temperature.

Heya,

I may be wrong, but aren't the fans controlled from the motherboard, by varying the voltage and/or current sent to the fan? I jsut bought a real cheap fan for my computer, it does not have a speed function on the fan, yet I am able to control the speed via its connection to the motherboard.

It just seems strange that, a modern motherboard for a centrino processor does not have this function, yet, the motherboard in my desktop, which is for a P4 processor, and is over 2 years old, can!

Surely there must be someway to achieve this!

Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom