A note about buying from Newegg

Jake

In Runtime
I bought a 2 TB WD Black internal drive that was defective. It wasn't really Newegg or WDs fault- it turned out to be a drive that was 5 years old, so no warranty- but after some compassionate emails with WD they agreed to an RMA...

It was the fault of the Newegg reseller (E.O.L. Tech Inc.)- and I shall be in heated contact with both them and Newegg.

That's all,

This is why when looking on Newegg, always check the box marked "Sold by Newegg" in the filters on the left.

Really? Is that all you have to do to guarantee that you won't get a **** drive?

Guarantees you won't have to deal with a reseller, and instead get to work things out with Newegg, who isn't selling used stuff.

Yeup yeup, not the fault of anyone except the third party reseller... Always make sure you are buying from the bigger guy instead of the small guy, unless you have good reason to get it from the small guy...

I bought a 2 TB WD Black internal drive that was defective. It wasn't really Newegg or WDs fault- it turned out to be a drive that was 5 years old, so no warranty- but after some compassionate emails with WD they agreed to an RMA...

It was the fault of the Newegg reseller (E.O.L. Tech Inc.)- and I shall be in heated contact with both them and Newegg.

That's all,
If it was delivered defective then it should be replaced without issue from the 3rd party seller. This is an implied warranty (merchantability) and has nothing to do with the company's written warranty. If the drive worked for some amount of time and then failed, then the company's warranty comes into play. Big difference.

Back
Top Bottom