not sure if its a hardware problem, mind helping a noob out here? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default not sure if its a hardware problem, mind helping a noob out here?

I dunno... but wen i try to install either farstone's gamedrive or virtualdrive pro on my media center, the thing stops about an inch before the loading bar finishes when it says "installing drivers" then theres a message that comes up and before i can read it, my comp shuts off and starts up. all i no is that it says sumthing about windows logo testing stuff w/e, but iono wut that means cuz im a noob at this stuff... also wen it starts up it says a new found hardware has been detected or sumthing like that... im too lazy to check what it was but sumthing to do with my computer and virtual cd drives... please help meeeeeeeee IM MAD MAD MAD MAD now confused... i no i had hard time to explain things... im not good at explaining things ... now im angry

Old 03-27-2006, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

i am not familiar with either of those programs but i am guessing they are for mounting cd images as virtual drives right? if thats the case myself and most of the members of this forum swear by daemon tools. give it a try

Old 03-27-2006, 04:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ok... ya now i no what it wants me to do.. after i restart computer after i install stuff like daemon tools or other emulators related to that it wants me to install scsi host adapter, which i dunno anything about. if sumone knows what this is, plz tell me i just wana play wc3 without my cd!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i used daemon tools to mount my frozenthrone iso. the setup for it starts and it says play frozen throne, but it just tells me after i click play that thers no cd... but it worked on gamedrive last time on my xp home edition computer. agaga i am mad now!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

the disc probably has "emulator protection" that detects you are emulating the drive, try a no cd crack
Old 03-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i no about no cd cracks, but say that i wanted to play on bnet and they dont make no cd cracks for the latest version. i just dont understand why it worked on gamedrive on my xp home computer but gamedrive wont install on this one

Closed Thread