Here are my temperatures as reported by speedfan:

N5Uop.png

My computer specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (90nm)
200GB HDD
EVGA GeForce 8600GT
4GB DDR2 Ram
ASUS M2N32 SLI-Deluxe wifi edition

Are these temperatures bad for the system I have?

Those temps should be fine. Although I have not used either your cpu or gpu, but they seem within normal limits. If your cpu isnt going over 50C thats fine, im sure it could go higher and be fine, but im not sure on the limits of older athlons.

The gpu should be ok as well. Normally with modern high-end cards you should only worry its is >85. Although your card is a mid-range so it probably cant stand that sort of heat anything under 70-75C i would be happy with. If you start getting artifacts in games, then you have to worry.

Computers generate alot of heat, u shouldnt need the fan as it probably wont help, especially if you have it blowing into the computer [using it to extract hot exhast air might help slightly but probably not much]. Just make sure you keep your comp clean and free of dust and you should be fine.

what cooler u using if its the stock cooler than ur good, but aftermarket ur runnign a bit hot cpu wise, the gpu seems normal

ive never ran a stock cooler so i would know if thats above normal but i know its not above its limits

what cooler u using if its the stock cooler than ur good, but aftermarket ur runnign a bit hot cpu wise, the gpu seems normal

ive never ran a stock cooler so i would know if thats above normal but i know its not above its limits

Yeah, I'm just using the stock coolers for both the CPU and GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom