Not really a problem, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MundoDragon

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I am just curious about this one, as it doesn't seem to be a problem. I've had a motherboard, an ECS K8M890M-M, for about 2 years. From the first time it booted up, up until today, it clicks 4 times before posting. As I have recently been having hardware problems due to BIOS and such, the details of which are stated in another thread, I was just wondering if this was normal, as all the motherboards I have ever owned, I have never heard this clicking of the motherboard prior to POST. It's not a hard click, that you would associate with say, a failed hard drive or such, but a soft click that would come from an internal speaker or such. I have searched for info on the net to see if this is natural, read the manual, etc.. and have come up with nothing. Just wondered if anyone has ever experienced this or knows what these clicks actually mean. Thanks

I can't think of anything else it could be other than the hard drives. Easy way to tell would be to remove all the hard drives and start the pc. If it still clicks then obviously it's not the hdds.

Other than that you've got me stumped.

Yeah, it is definitely not the HD as when I originally fired it was with a different HD and I have had two since then with the same clicking. As I said, the clicking is not a hardware clicking, its like an electronic click that would come from an internal speaker, and it is always exactly 4 clicks, no more, no less. I just can't figure if it is normal with this board or not, as no information exists about it, which leads me to believe this board may have had issues from day one. I mean, if it was normal, you'd think somebody somewhere would have asked about it or said SOMETHING about it, yet I find nothing and have never experienced such in the past with any mobo I have owned. I just assumed it was a natural thing with the board from day one. Thanks for the reply, Soulphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom