Not picking up HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashex

Baseband Member
For some reason, my comp will no longer detect my second hardrive. One day, it just ugh, stopped.

I have no clue where to go from here, everything is connected internally etc, I'm not too good with the technical stuff, so if anyone does have a solution, could it please be explained as simply as possible?

Thanks. :D

There is a chance that the hard drive is simply no longer functioning. I have seen this many times, but usually it is the main hard drive so the system just stops booting. If there is data on the drive that you *need* you should take it to a professional. I don't recommend inexperienced users start taking things apart.

dustin56 said:
There is a chance that the hard drive is simply no longer functioning. I have seen this many times, but usually it is the main hard drive so the system just stops booting. If there is data on the drive that you *need* you should take it to a professional. I don't recommend inexperienced users start taking things apart.

Why would you take it apart? There's nothing serviceable inside of it.

See if you can put the drive as a slave into another computer and take your data off it that way.

if it's not detected in the BIOS, it could be corrupted. my secondary hard disk just went out too, but it was detected in the BIOS and windows even recognizes it, it just doesnt have a drive letter. look for it in the device manager (Start > control panel > system > hardware > device manager. look under disk drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom