Not Getting Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost17

Baseband Member
I know I am probably just missing something stupid here but I can't figure out what. I just bought a new motherboard because my last one was giving me a lot of trouble and I just installed it. When I plug it in the LED for the motherboard lights up but when I push the power button the computer does not start up. I do get a slight response initially when I push the power button, the fans turn ever so slightly, but the computer does not initialize. What am I missing here?? Please help soon.. I've been without a computer for a month dealing with all these problems and I am going crazy!

Make sure the power switch on the back of Power supply is on, Unconnect and reconnect everything.

Make sure that if you have a 4 pin connector near CPU that you connect it.

Antec 430 W True Power Supply - I didn't have any problems with it before on my old motherboard...
Plextor 8x DVD Burner
3.2E P4 Prescott
ATI 9800 Pro AIW
Creative Labs Audigy 2ZS Platinum
2 SATA 160 GB Hard Drives
Koolance Water Cooled Case
Floppy Drive w/ Card Reader

Unattach everthing from PSU except a few fans, The on the 20 pin connector, the green and black wire using a paper clip.

If the PSU powers on let it run for 15-20 seconds then shut it off. If it turns on we know that the PSU is good and either its a bad motherboard or for some reason the PSU can't power the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom