Not Formatted Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

emorr

Beta member
Hi,
Starting from a few days ago Evry time i click on my Slave drive it gives me the following Error:
Code:
 The disk in drive D: is not formatted, do you want to format it now?"

How do i fix it without formatting it? I have last 5 years wort of pictures on it that are not backed up (what a dummy)

Thanks a million

Try to Google for some hard disk data recovery tool.

Also, can you access the current partition in the Safe Mode, or outside windows, (i.e. via windows boot disk repair console; Linux; anything else)?

^seconded. Google or search the forum for some tools that will recover data. Somehow your drive has become corrupted so its not reading that a partition is there.

sounds like the file system is damaged youll need to use a data recovery software that supports recovery from currupted file systems ontrack easy recovery pro/data rescue pc/getdataback supports it , alternativly you can try your luck with chkdsk while that may fix it it may also make things worse

No i cant access the drive from a boot disk.
Any suggestions on a data recovery software, they all come in so many different variety... i wanna recover the file system as well as save the files that are on that disk. Thanks

i alredy gave suggestions in my previous reply
a data recovery software will help you recover the files but it will not fix the file system curruption they arent made for fixing partitions errors , youll simply have to recover the files to another partition or hard drive and then format that partition so it will be usable again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom