not booting up after I installed new harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinker

Baseband Member
About 2 months ago I opened up the case of my comp and cleaned all the dust out. WHen I go to turn it back on it doesn't turn on. I kept trying it and like an hour later it worked. It has been working fine until today when I installed a new Hard Drive. I am 97% positive I didn't fry anything. I am thinking it is something in the PSU but I don't know.Anyone know how to fix this so it doesn't happen everytime I do something to my computer?

not too sure but to me it sounds like ur psu might not be strong enough/good enough anymore. or you maybe have made a wire or power connection loose when cleaning the dust out. all i can think of.

It worked great until it got done formating the new drive. It is a 450W PSU.

try the new hdd on it's own. see if you can find another psu to test and also see if you can test the new hdd in another computer just so you can find out if that causes grief as well. is the drive IDE or SATA. i don't know about SATA but death throes of IDE drives can cause havock in a computer. its possible one of those drives is dying.

I got it up to format it again. It isn't the PSU or the old hdd I had. It is an IDE one. I will update when it is done formatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom