Normal Voltage Variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhunkaeG

Solid State Member
Hi, just a quick question about voltage variations. I downloaded HMonitor 4.2.4.2. and its telling me the Voltages of my system but they're not spot on, i cant find anywhere that can really tell me whats normal and whats not. Here're my readouts, can you tell me what you think?

{+12V} = +11.90V
{+5V } = + 5.07V
{Core} = +1.56V
{I/O} = +3.26V
{Aux} = +2.57V (this one is highlighted in red)

Also it seems one of my my SATA drives is running at a temp of 53 degreeC... is this too hot?

Thankyou for your time.
-Evan

nearly all voltages are stable although the +12v could have been better , not sure about the aux one as i have no clue what it is , download everest
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
get into computer-->sensor and take a screenshot , maybe it will make it more clear

desktop hd's maximum temperature is 55C so thats defintly too hot , few things you can do about it
1) get a hard drive cooler ,perferably with 2 60mm fans
2) get more case fans (if it have room for em that is)
3) get a new case perferably aluminum made with good cooling

personally i'd do 1 & 2

As long as they don't fluctuate too much, they are fine. They are close enough to what they are supposed to be.

I would check in the BIOS because that is the most accurate reading (aside from a multimeter). I don't trust software readings of voltages becasuse they are ususally not very accurate.

A fan in front of the hard drives will really cool it down. I had hard drive and no fan blowing on it and it ran at about 50C. I put another one in and they both were about 53C. I put a fan in front of them so they got plenty of air and they both dropped to 36C, which is pretty good. Put another case fan in and it will really help.

yea take software Voltage readouts and Temps with a grain of salt, becuase they are not totally accurate most of the time.

but each voltage should be within about 6% of its rated voltage. witch your software readout is.

If you wont to cool your HDD, i would just stick a fan underneath it blowing right onto it... as long as your have fans blowing the hot air out of your case, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom