Noise problem when gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

renny2077

Baseband Member
I recently purchased a new machine. Whenever I play any game, the machine suddenly generates this annoying noise. I don't know where its coming from or whats causing it. I believe it may be the gfx card. The card I have is a Big 7600GT 256MB. How do I fix this problem? Are there an specific settings I need to turn off? Please help!

config:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
1 Gb Ram
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe
Big 7600GT 256MB
1 SATA HDD
1 IDE HDD
DVD Writer

can you describe more what the sound sounds like. if its only when you play a game then its most likely all your fans kicking into high gear to keep everything cool and that is a pretty annoying sound but is needed to keep your pc cool.

Its a high pitch noise and occur 5 mins into a graphic intensive game. Your explanation seems accurate. If it is the fan running in high gear, its not detrimental to the card, is it?

renny2077 said:
Its a high pitch noise and occur 5 mins into a graphic intensive game. Your explanation seems accurate. If it is the fan running in high gear, its not detrimental to the card, is it?

No that is what it is designed to do, It is more than likely the cpu fan you hear speeding up to keep the cpu within operating temps.

renny2077 said:
I recently purchased a new machine. Whenever I play any game, the machine suddenly generates this annoying noise. I don't know where its coming from or whats causing it. I believe it may be the gfx card. The card I have is a Big 7600GT 256MB. How do I fix this problem? Are there an specific settings I need to turn off? Please help!

config:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
1 Gb Ram
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe
Big 7600GT 256MB
1 SATA HDD
1 IDE HDD
DVD Writer

If the sound of the fans is really bothering you that much, you might want to try some alternatives, like getting bigger fans (120 mm) or water cooling. Also available are sound-dampening mats, I've heard good things about Akasa's Paxmate

I noticed that this happen only when I play newer games like Company of Heroes. If its the gfx fan, is it bad for the card? CPU fan is just the regular fan.

i have the same problem but i know its my evga geforce 7600gt cause i haven't had that problem till i got that card.

The temps for my card are pretty high too.

I think i am going to rig a pci fan to go above it or under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom