Noise in computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

style23

Beta member
I believe it's my hard drive, really not sure, but its a loud noise when I seem to be watching a media file on the internet. It sounds as if the fan is blowing real loud or something to that nature. I wonder what could it be? Any tips?

You would have to open the case up and stick your ear to those parts. If you can make a recording, that also helps.

Thanks.. as right now i'm not watching the video and yep its loud. so I guess it just happens at random but will do.

you could get a program that moniters fan speeds, i don't know any off the top of my head, but you could look at that and see if any fan speeds spike, because fans can usually get pretty loud. If its not a fan isue, then it could be either a HD or a CD/DVD drive. Just shove your head in there and see what you can figure out. And don't get electricuted.

this is normal. i think he's just talking about the whirring of the hdd when the computer goes under a slight load. mine does it too when i open up wow sometimes.

yeah, that may be the cause, please stop playing WoW before your an addict lol jk :D

style23, what kind of computer do you have? At my work we have these Dell Desktops and when the computer is really chugging away at something the fan speed increases with the temp. So it goes from whisper to dull roar in a few seconds and sounds like the PC is going to takeoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom