noise coming out of my computer when playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

matein2

Beta member
Built my own computer installed windows 7 motherboard is ASUS P6t intel 930 corsair 12 GB Ram 2 Ge Force graphics card GTX275 SLI using on board sound card overclocked it to 3.83 Ghz every time i play games i get this constant humming noise it sounds like helicopters flying and i'm not playing in a game that has helicopters and my friends tell me what they hear on there side is cows mooing every time i press the button to talk don't know what to do, it all started after i installed my second graphics card i have update the drivers for my graphics card every time a new one comes up please help :confused:

As far as I'm aware, that's just the cards trying to dissipate heat.. Two 275's can get pretty hot.

Sounds like you fans spinning. As iFargle said, your GPU and/or CPU fans are working overtime to cool it down. It prevents it from overheating too much.

You need to stick you head in there and determine exactly where the sound is coming from. For fans, you can carefully, momentarily touch the center hub of the fans with your finger (touch bare metal of the case first to discharge any static in your body). If the fan is the offender, it's sound will change when you touch the hub, slowing the rotation speed.

If the sound is coming from inside the power supply, and it can be determined it is not the fan, then it is likely loose windings or plates in the transformer and that can lead to problems down the road as the vibration causes even more loosening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom