No video signal with Gigabyte ga-k8n-sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

kage_maru189

Solid State Member
I'm running a Gigabyte ga-k8n-PRO sli with a GeForce 7600gs PCI-e card, AMD athlon 64 processor and 1 gig of ddr400 ram (4x256mb). recently I stopped receiving any signal to the monitor that I have. Took it to a shop here and they said the motherboard went bad. So I ordered another ga-k8n-sli (a non Pro) for a replacement and it's doing the same exact thing. I did upgraded to 2 gigs of ram (4x512mb) and a nvidia 9500gt PCI-e 1 gig video card while I was at it. Still not receiving any signal video wise to any kind of monitor (I've tried 3 different ones and even checked out my video cards on a friends computer (they were working). I'm at a complete loss! I can't figure out what my next step would be. Any theories greatly appreciated!

yes it was a used motherboard that was working with windows xp before the same operating system i'm using now. I ended up taking it apart and cleaning it all up and remounting all the hardware and it randomly started booting up now. I have an overheating problem with my proccessor now. It gets so hot it overheats and shuts down on me in less than 10 minutes now. I'm using a cool master and basic heatsink on this amd athlon 64. What cooling system could I upgrade to that is affordable and dependable and can keep up with what i'm running on my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom