No Video Signal
A very common problem when people have hardware issues is you get no video signal but all the fan's work, led's on motherboard light up and disc drives open and show there is a cd in the drive.
Here's how to troubleshoot this, first make sure the mobo speaker is hooked up.
1) Is there any beeps at all? If there are this is a good sign It more then likely is some installed hardware or loose cards! Go to the manual and find out what the beep code is and follow their instructions to repair it.
2) remove the ram (all sticks) (restart the system) If it beeps the ram is no good or incompatable, try one stick at a time. If it doesn't beep with all the ram out then continue on.
3) remove the video card! (restart the system) If it beeps the card is no good or it was loose. If it doesn't beep there's nothing wrong with the card.
4) remove all ide cables from the motherboard (restart the system) if it beeps then you have hdd issues or ide cable issues,, in wrong or bad! If it doesn't beep then there's nothing wrong with the hdd's
5) Remove all add on cards (restart system) try again.
So If you go threw all these steps and still no beeps then the motherboard and/or cpu are NFG! More then likely its the board.
Now you have nothing to lose so try resetting the cmos jumper and/or remove the battery for about a 1/2 hour.
I was hoping this could be a sticky and if anyone wants to add anything feel free to