No video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
Hey guyz,
i recently booted up my computer and everything whirled and ran normal except i wasnt getting a video signal! o now i need your help. is it the my motherboard is fried or just my video card.
everything seems fine and the HDD activity light flashes up like a norml boot.
the post test card the cam with motherboard doesnt work. but it doesnt use the pci slot. its one special for my MSI board. PLz help me . i have warrenties on all parts but not sure if its video card or motherboad

P.S couldnt be montor even tries connecting vid cars to tv via s-cable and still no signal.

HELP
:(
IM NOTHIUNG WITHOUT MY BABY.

Do your hear any beeps from internal speaker.

Clear CMOS and check video card for any blown or burnt capacitors or circuits, then reseat video card.

"It's easy to love me nouuuw. Would you love me if i was dowwwn. Aan ouut...."

Dose your mBoard have internal video? What slot dose your video card use?

Sometimes you need one vid card to set up another. One time i had to go into my bios settings and set the video output to SuperVGA before i was even able to use the card. :confused: :cool:

No

I dont have on-board video and it wowuldnt help to reset my cmos. i have a EVGA Nvidia 6600GT using the PCI Express 16X
very nice card. but heres what i think might have happened.

For a while now I've had a problem with my PC starting itself up after I shut it down. I wasnt able to find out why, throught scanning applications. So i start switching off the switch of PSU, AspireTurbo 520W. There has always been a 4sec delay in when i switch off the PSU then all the power is off. So this time when i shut off computer regually through windows (like allway) it came on, by it-self, and then the 4secs was up and the PSU shut off, during the bootup. I'm guessing that the sudden power supply shut off during the boot up process caused something the get damaged. Since now i have no video. but wouldnt the motherboard fry before the video card, since it was a power shut off?

im so loss i cant seem to do anything correct recently. I cant even get my side panel door of the case back on~!:eek:
and theres nothing blocking the tracks that the door goes into. I such a looser!:amazed:

Try the video card in a different computer or try a different video card in that computer.

At any rate.

I would first disconnect everything but, CPU, RAM and Video card then try rebooting.

".......LOL!!!...."

samuraiwarrior said:
I dont have on-board video and it wowuldnt help to reset my cmos. i have a EVGA Nvidia 6600GT using the PCI Express 16X
very nice card. but heres what i think might have happened.

For a while now I've had a problem with my PC starting itself up after I shut it down. I wasnt able to find out why, throught scanning applications. So i start switching off the switch of PSU, AspireTurbo 520W. There has always been a 4sec delay in when i switch off the PSU then all the power is off. So this time when i shut off computer regually through windows (like allway) it came on, by it-self, and then the 4secs was up and the PSU shut off, during the bootup. I'm guessing that the sudden power supply shut off during the boot up process caused something the get damaged. Since now i have no video. but wouldnt the motherboard fry before the video card, since it was a power shut off?

im so loss i cant seem to do anything correct recently. I cant even get my side panel door of the case back on~!:eek:
and theres nothing blocking the tracks that the door goes into. I such a looser!:amazed:
.... .................. I know this might not be vary helpful, but i think what you have here is what is known as a PIECE OF SH!T! :eek:

Since you can't pinpoint what piece of hardware is conflicting your card, (Or your whole system) i can't reccomend anything spacific you should get for it.

You should do the following:

1. Keep the vid card,
2. Sell the computer!
:rolleyes: :cool:

"LOL..."

It would help if you had another system to expariment with. It could also mean your PSU's voltage is too high, or that something is draining from the CPU. (E.G: a hair, a loose screw, ect...) :confused: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom