No video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn

Solid State Member
This is my first time here, so please bear with me. I pulled my usb mouse out of the computer to replace the son's mouse. When returning with that mouse to see if I could get it going, my computer would not respond. Rebooted and now get "video input. No signal". Prior to this, we changed the power settings to shut down the hard drive after a spell(don't know exact timings, sorry). I've tried the monitor on another computer and get the same thing. I've reset the cmos and pulled the battery, reseated all cords and cables... Any help? It is a Gateway desktop, there are also 2 short beeps followed by 6 short when powering on. The mother board and fans work.

Thanks

So the monitor does not work with another computer? Have you checked that all cables into the monitor are firmly in place? You might have knocked one loose when disconnecting the mouse.

Yes, vga. I get the error beeps when the monitor is disconnected as well as connected.

What model of gateway so we can look up what the beep codes mean. Also do you have another known working monitor to try on this computer? Without knowing the model I would think it is this error.

#of beeps 8 Display memory R/W error

Do you have onboard video or a video card?

Gateway E4000 with onboard video. 2nd monitor says "self test, check your pc and signal cable. Monitor is working". I've also seen those codes and found the same error. The strangest thing is that the second computer that had the orginal mouse will not light up any monitor either. Could there have been something transported by the usb mouse to both computers? I'm loosing what hair I have left.

Thanks

I found a pc and monitor that work fine together. Put one of the suspect monitors on pc and it works. Put monitor from working pc on both suspect pcs and it doesn't work. What can make both video signals stop working?

My third computer has now been compromised. The monitor will light up "no signal" until I plug it in, then it goes blank and the green light goes yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom