No Video Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizzard1200

Baseband Member
Ok to begin I have a socket 754 mobo with a semperon processor. I had a powersupply in it and everything was working fine until one day I went to turn it on and it just shut off. I was able to get it to power back on but after a short time no video signal and soon after no power at all. I noticed my powersupply smelling like burnt toast so I ripped it out and replaced it with a new thermatake 430Watt PS. The old was a generic 400W 24 pin unit. Now that I have replaced the powersupply I get power but the power switch wont work all fans spin and still no video signal. The cd rom drive wont even open and no powerlights just other lights that are on the case to show that it has power. Do I have a bad mainboard or graphics card?

It could be that your mother board is grounded. ie. something metal is touching the board and therefore stopping the flow of electricity. This happened to me recently. Try starting the computer with the mother board out of the case.

Or, it could be your ram. If you have more than one stick try takeing them out and starting up with only 1 in at a time.

Or, it could be that when your powersupply went bad you ruined the mother board.

There are a miriad of other possibilities but those are a few that I've experienced lately when it comes to your problem.

Hello,

Have you tried to check with a online PSU calculator to make sure you have enough power for your needs. Could be you are underpowered.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom