No Video on New Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I just got my new Sceptre 22" monitor in the mail... and it didn't come with a DVI cable... (WTF?) so I tried connecting it with a DVI-VGA converter to my 9600 GT and I get no video... the power lgiht just blinks signifying that its in standby.

When I take off the sceptre monitor and I plug in my eMachines CRT, it works fine again... when both are in, neither work?

Whats going on?

I have no other DVI or VGA cables to test it with... its my first time buying a new monitor... am I supposed to do something to it to enable it?

There is nothing you should have to do. I use a VGA to FVI adapter to connect my CRT to my 8600GT as my 2nd monitor.

I just think you need to get a DVI cable.

eh, how come I can't just use a VGA with the adapter? :(

I think thats the problem as well though because the monitor works fine when plugged into my laptop's VGA out

I'll be dropping by RadioShack today to get a DVI cable since bestbuy/microcenter/circuitcity charge crazy prices... and only have like gold plated theather grade cables 0_0

It could be that the port you plug it into doesnt like the adapter. I had that issue as well. At first i had it on the left connection. My montior acted all wierd. So i put it on the right connection. It worked fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom