No video, mouse, or keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerosinek

Baseband Member
I just finished putting this computer together and am pretty sure I hooked everything up, it's possible I forgot something but when I go over it that doesn't appear to be the case.

Anyways, LED on the mobo lights up, all fans start, the HD starts spinning, CD/DVD drive works, but.... the LEDs on the GPU light up for a second or two and then all go out, but the fan still spins on it.

I've got a Asus P5Q P45 Pro, Corsair 750TX, and a Visiontek HD 4870, and a q6600.

What am I missing here? I know it's something obvious but for some reason I'm just overlooking it... I've disconnected and reconnected everything about 10 times already so I'm sure all the connections are tight.

As for the mouse, it lights up when it is powered up, the LED's inside flash for a second right when I plug it in but go out a split second later. There is a LED on my keyboard that indicates caps lock is on, when caps lock is pushed the LED doesn't light up. So I know neither of those are getting power.

When I leave the monitor unplugged from the GPU the little light on the front turns green, the screen turns blue with a little box that floats around saying "no input signal" or something like that. As soon as I plug the monitor back into the 4870 the light on the fron't turns orange and the screen goes black...

Any help is much appreciated.

yea try and take your motherboard out of the case but be extremely careful and plug everthing in and try to turn it on to make sure that your motherboard is not being grounded because the motherboard being grounded can cause a short in power!

This morning I "borrowed" my roommates 9800gx2 and tried his card. Same issue.

I then took the mobo out of the case and started it up on the mobo box with all three cards on it and the same thing happened. Guess it's time to RMA this pos.

dont even put the mobo on the case you can either put it on a desk or just put it on the floor (if you put it on the floor it will not shock it. i was scared of that but it will not happen thats how i did it.) you can keep everything else in when you talk the mobo out and hook everything up and try to start it but if it still doesnt work then thats when you take everything else out and hook it up then start it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom