No video and keyboard wont light up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
i turned my comp on the other day and i dont get video. and the keyboard wont light up. opened up the case and fans seem to be running normal, lights are ok, no weired noises. i put on the headphones and i can't hear windows start up. so far i tried a different known good video card, different memory, tried putting in one stick. i took everything out but cpu and no error beeps. Dead mobo???

specs: nothing is or ever was overclocked except video card.

mobo: msi p6n sli platnium

8800 gt akimbo ---factory overclocked.

intel q6600 @ 2.4GHz

4 gigs corsair dominator.

creative xfi

700 watt PS.

Weird...Yeah clear CMOS.

Flip the clicker on the case to the "off" setting. Find a CMOS jumper in your manual (its usually by the battery. There should be 3 pins with 2 covered. Move the jumper over so it covers the middle and the previously uncovered one. Press the power button. Wait a few seconds. Replace jumper to its original place and flip the power clicker on the back to "on" setting, and restart.

Or remove the battery. Removing the battery is usually the second method as it may take anywhere from 15 minutes to 8 hours in order for the CMOS to loss the settings. Once the CMOS is clear, you should know by the "BIOS checksum error, press F1 to continue ", or "CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded" message at bootup.

In order to clear the CMOS i've always had to pull the power and the battery...switch the jumper, wait 10 seconds, put it back and then power back up.

You have a little case speaker or something for a beep code check?

Try a single stick of ram in a couple different slots.

Does your cpu fan speed change at all or stay at the same rpm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom