no video from graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_ming

Baseband Member
hi all,

i just added graphic card Digital Alliance type NV FX 5500 256 mb, replacing the onboard card from Gigabyte mobo GA-8VM800M. I connect the VGA to my old monitor and the DVI to my 42" LCD via HDMI connector, configuring the card to dual display setting. It runs almost without a glitch, but video playback using GOM Player V.2.1.14 is only possible with the following conditions:

1. on my old 15" monitor, with resolution set to 960x600 (I set it to 1024x768, lower than that it becomes uncomfortable to work on, everything is too big)

2. on my 42" LCD, resolution set to maximum 1920x1080 (also impossible to work on, everything becomes so tiny small!!)

Other than the above specified resolution, all I got is black screen with audio only. How can this be possible?

I never had this problem with the onboard graphic using the old monitor only (no HDMI connection).

Is this the software or hardware problem?

Any input will be appreciated.

Hello,

Make sure that you've uninstalled your onboard graphics drivers, and downloaded and installed the latest compatible driver for your new graphics card: GeForce Release 175.

If you've already done that, try using another media player like VLC media player to see if the same problem occurs.

hi alvin (and everybody else)

correction: video will not appear on the first try, but will appear after changing the resolution to 900x600 or lower, and will appear even after reverting the resolution back to 1024x768 (not tried yet on the 42", i unplugged the cable), have tried both playing with power DVD and GOM player, it's the same.

this anomaly also happens on my work PC using nVidia GeForce 7100 GS: playback using power DVD will not give picture (black screen with sound), picture will appear after playback stop, opening the nVidia control panel and clicking the adjust video color and adjust video image setting (not changing the setting, only clicking it). Playback with GOM player does'nt have this problem, but I play DVDs with power DVD, GOM is reserved for other type of files.

i have the most recent drivers for both graphic cards.

is this nVidia, the programs, or i just happened to buy two defective graphic cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom