No Video, CPU Error Message, EVGA x58 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMiller8080

In Runtime
i7 920, EVGA x58 LE, SLI, 2 GTX 260 in SLI.

So today I purchased an Audio Interface for my PC to record music through. It's a firewire interface so I opened my case and installed the firewire adapter that came with the x58 when I purchased it. I closed up the case and hooked everything back up the exact same way, with the exception of the side case fan. I plugged the interface into the firewire port and plugged it into the wall as well. I did not turn it on.

Upon booting up I received an error message (at the screen where it list the SATA ports and whats hooked up and whatnot). The message said something about a CPU change and suggesting doing something with CMOS or something like that. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I remember wondering why it was saying there was something messed with in the CPU. I hit F1 to continue, thinking maybe it was a random occurrence.

I got to my desktop screen no problem, and began to install the programs and such associated with the audio interface. I began having petty but strange issues: After plugging in my ethernet cable I could not connect to the internet, and when I went to check my tray for the network icon I noticed only two of my tray icons would appear. So I had no internet, and my tray icons weren't showing. I was in a hurry to get my drivers for the audio interface, so I decided to restart. I figured this would double check that error message, and possibly fix the internet thing.

Everytime I restart the computer seems to boot normally (red lights on my case fans, all fans spinning, motherboard lights, ect.) however my monitor isn't receiving any video feed. The box that says "Check digital signal" or whatever it is bounces around. I tried unplugging the video cable from the GPU, and plugging it back in. Tried a second monitor. Tried the other GPU. Nothing is working. I have no idea what caused it.

The CPU error concerns me the most, because I believe my mobo is also displaying "7F" which according to the booklet is classified "POST Error Check" and described as "Check POST error and display them and ask for user intervention". This also all started after I hooked up the firewire I/O adapter that came with the mobo.

On a completely separate note, ever since I have owned this mobo (a little over 2 years I guess) every once in a while it boots REALLLLLLY slow and that SATA check screen takes forever. Usually this coincides with my mouse not registering. A few reboots usually solves it. Also, I installed a CPU cooler about 6 months ago, which seemed to have no complications. Hope that covers everything.

:crazy:

If anyone could offer any help it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom