No video and comp beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie578

In Runtime
I was given a computer from and the cdrom in it was a little messed up so i changed it for a good one of the same model and brand and i also put in my own hard drive. With win xp sp 2 when booting up it would start to load windows then it would go to a blue screen and say taht there was an error and to see if any new hardware was properly installed or whatever and in hte bottom it said beginning dump of physical memory and it would complete this process about 3 times before it would boot up normally. Then i got a new seagate 250 gig harddrive and the same thing would happen but the process of dumping my memory was instantaneous and when i picked shutdown from the start menu it would "think" for a few mins then teh buttons poped up. and when i picked shutdown it would try to shut down for like 5 min b4 it did. frustrated with all this waititng, i tried to install a new mobo and i did but the mobo has been lying around for a while and it turns out taht it was dead. so i put back in the origional and set it up and when i turn it on, there is no video and it beeps for like 3 seconds straight. and it continues this. what do these beeps mean, it is possible that the front panel connectors are not set up completly correct, but could this be the reason i have no video and the beeps? what do these beeps mean. it is very possible that the comp is not set up "exactly" as it was b4. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.. thank you very much. i am focousing in just gettin the comp back up, then i want to fix win.

may wanna give hardware details. The beeps depend on the MBD manufacturer and type. Since there is no video and post errors, could be the vid card is not properly seated (often, there is a fair amount of pressure involved in seating). Could also be the processor or memory. Depends, we need more specifics to know.

the motherboard is an apoen ak77 400n and a amd duron1.8 processor i have 3 sticks of 256mb ddr ram (all different brands) nVidia GeForce MX 4 440 agp 8x video card. All of these components worked togeater previously but i put in another mobo and had to put back in the origional. Im pretty sure that the video card is in cuz it i have it screwed in, but it is possible taht it is not, because it was fairly hjard to get our and not too hard to put back in. but taht still wouldnt explain the beeps.

Probably memory Because when memory is trying to store data in a allocated sector it causes a "General Protection Fault" error which causes a Blue screen AKA blue screen of death. This is sadly but not suprising reality of cheaper memory but, all memory can fail. Also list the Ram Specifications to see if they match up with the MB. I've heard SP2 is pretty rebellious with new software or old and hardware vice versa. Maybe it was a dream if not a inconvenient bug. Did I mention I am tired? *ZZzzZZz*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom