no video

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushman

Baseband Member
OK, here's the situation. I recently purchased a Supermicro 370DLE. It has dual PIII 1.0Ghz CPU's and a stick of 128MB ECC RAM. I have it out of the case and connected to a 100 Watt power supply and a rage 2C PCI video card. When I power it up, I get one beep from the board, the cpu's seem to be working but I get no video. I have cleared the CMOS, changed the video card to all four PCI slots, used a different video card but still no video. I realize that this PSU is not what is needed but I didn't think that just trying to get it to boot would require much power. This is the only spare PSU I have and I didn't want to buy another one just to have the same problem. Thanks for any replies.

Two P3's alone would consume 70 watts........ but in any case, do you have another graphics card to test or does the motherboard come with integrated graphics?

Is it slot one? Once I could NOT get video from my P2. Tried everything. Finally, after an hour, I noticed the processor was not fully in the slot, because I pulled it out for cleaning, and never pushed it all the way back in.

Before I knew that, everything seemed to be working except the video, no beep errors, thought my video card was busted.

BTW, forgot to add, mine was also a dual processor, and only one of the processors was not placed in correctly for video to not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom