NO video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn3sthesia

Solid State Member
i have just ditched my intel and got an amd. though when i turn on the pc, there is no video. maybe its because i have an ati card in an sli mobo.

do u have a onboard on ur system? if so then boot from it and in the BIOS set the video priority to ur video card.
can u post ur specs?

try clearing ur BIOS through jumpers or by removing the battery if nothing works

ATi cards should have no problem working in an SLi motherboard. Make sure that you have put the vid card in the right PCI-e slot.

sylwek said:
do u have a onboard on ur system? if so then boot from it and in the BIOS set the video priority to ur video card.
can u post ur specs?

try clearing ur BIOS through jumpers or by removing the battery if nothing works
ok specs.... ATI X1300
256MB Of RAM (getting more soon)
AMD X2 4400+ Dual Core
Biostar TForce4 SLI mobo

sylwek said:
can u post ur specs?

please be more specific on how to do these things you are telling me.

well do u have an onboard video card built in ur mobo? theres no point of writting how to set priority if u dont have one!

check if the Ram is seated correctly as well as everything else, are u using a 20 or 24 pin connector from the PSU? and check if the 4 pin power connector is plugged in ur motherboard as well

sylwek said:
check if the Ram is seated correctly as well as everything else, are u using a 20 or 24 pin connector from the PSU? and check if the 4 pin power connector is plugged in ur motherboard as well
You were right. Today, I changed the RAMs slot and the video came on. But, now it will only display the bios post message. I have fixed that before but I forgot how to.

now go into the BIOS and set the boot priority to CD-Rom as number one and ur HD as 2 > put ur xp cd in the drive>save and exit
now when it restarts, press any button to load from the cd.
Now install windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom