No sound to headphones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
Reposting because the other forum seems a bit slow and I haven't gotten a response in a long time.

I'm using the SB X-FI Platinum sound card, with the included front panel drive.

For some reason, all of a sudden, no sound comes out of my headphones when its connected directly into the headphone jack. The speakers themselves work fine.

When I connect my headphones into my speakers, they work fine.

Because of the layout of my desk it's hard to properly move around with the one sided cable going straight left.

I've checked all my settings, nothing is muted. It's like my sound card simply decided to stop sending information to the headphone jack.

Could someone help me fix this? The sound gets distorted when I use it through my speakers, so I need it for mixing.

I've tried reinstalling drivers and changing card slots, the headphones work fine on everything else.

Have you checked the cable going out from the front panel to the card itself to see if it came unplugged? The jack on the panel would be the other thought to consider as well. If a contact saw a break or cold solder point you would lose sound right away.

Try different head phones, or ear budes from an MP3 player, at least it will isolate the problem to the computer/sound card or the pair themselves.

Have you tried a simple restart? This solves more than most know..

Being distorted when plugging into the head phone jack on the speaker jack(usually front center) as well as not heard from the front panel could also point at a sofware/driver problem if this is persisting after having restarted the system already. If you recently downloaded any update you may have to go back to the software disk's drivers there.

Hmm, I seem to have fixed it somehow after changing the slot again and reconnecting the respective ends.

Thanks anyway.

A loose contact or need to have Windows see a fresh redetection if not the slot itself or need to reseat the card can all be causes. Sometimes it doesn't take much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom