No sound after new videocard installation. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default No sound after new videocard installation.

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #F6FAFB"]Hello! I am a new member and I have registered here just because I require computer support. I hope you can help me out here.
First of all my computer specs:
AMD Athlon 63 Processor 3500+ at 2.2Ghz (single-core)
1GB of RAM
A 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT430 videocard.
My OS is Windows XP Professional version 2002 Service Pack 3.
My problem is:
First off, my computer is very old (I got it around 2005). It used to have a Ati Radeon x800Series videocard, but I had powers with my fan in the powersource so I had it sent to the IT's. I found out that apparently my videocard was malfunctioning too, so I had it changed to a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT430.
Before any of this happened, I had perfectly working sound on my computer. So moving on to the problem, I got my computer, but there was NO SOUND. I tried to do what I'd always do, that is update the drivers. I tried updating the drivers, get the newest ones avaiable. That sadly didn't work. I checked out on forums that my BIOS might have a problem. So I went into BIOS, went into intergratted something (I can't remember exactly). There were onboard devices. There was the Realtek AC 97 (I think) , somesort of Nvidia Lan and Nvidia MAC Lan. My realtek and the Nvidia device was set to auto, the forums I were on said it should be set to enabled, I did not have an option like that. Some people told me to go to some system manager ( I can't remember exactly) Basically, there you could find the Windows Audio options, I was told to enabled it, it was enabled already. I tried reinstalling windows, nothing would work. Oh and by the way when I go to Control Panel> Sounds and Media devices, it says I have no audio device. I have went to Run>Dxdiag it said "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
" I hope everyone can help me out here.
Here is what I get when I open device manager:
View image: Computerproblem

Closed Thread