1.) try uninstalling and reinstalling driver
1. Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double-click on Sound Effect Manager
3. Click on the Sound Effect tab
4. In the Karaoke section take the tick out of the Voice Cancellation to restore the vocals
(the driver screen below may differ in layout and number of tabs but in most cases there is a Sound Effect/Karaoke section)
audio settings image
Note: The distorted vocals are caused by the KEY setting below the Voice Cancellation tick box, if you want to use the karaoke function but vocals are not completely removed then try adjusting this setting.
2.) 1. Right click on My Computer
Select and click Properties
Click on Hardware
Click on Device Manager
Double click DVD-ROM/CD-ROM to bring up the drive properties
Click on Properties
Remove the check from the box marked Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device
Then click on OK and then Apply to confirm the changes.
2. Open Windows® Media Player by clicking Start > Programs > Windows Media Player
Click on Tools
Click on Options
Click on Devices
Ensure the CD/DVD Drive is Highlighted and then click Properties
Enable Analog playback.
Click on Apply and OK to confirm the changes.