NO SLI MODE?!!!! WTFFFFF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, no difference again. This is SO annoying!

I think I might have an idea of what the problem could be. I uninstalled both cards, and only installed one of the cards in the 2nd PCIe slot. The computer started, but the screen stayed black. I KNOW booting from that slot should work though, because that's where I had my GTX 285 installed.
I've tested both cards in the primary slot, and both work fine.

At this point I'm running with just one card installed and a fresh driver installation. If I'm right and there's something going on with the slot, then I *should* still only see one 480 in device manager even after I install the 2nd card.

This is **** weird...

motherboard problem??? Hope not! That would be a pain in the *** from ****. I hope u get your problem fixed man ;)

I just tried to recreate the scenario before where the tooltip popped up. Reset my bios, uninstalled both cards, uninstalled the drivers.
Then I did the installation exactly as before, including installing the drivers from the cd, but no dice.

Oh, and it's DEFINITELY not running in SLI mode. I just ran furmark , and only the 480 in the primary slot started heating up, even on the multi-gpu test.

I've had enough for one night anyway, time for sleep methinks.

Are both cards showing up in Device Manager? I've had this problem before and it always involved the card not fitting in the slot properly.

I was playing around this weekend and I tried adding a 8800GTX as a dedicated PhysX card. It took me a couple of hours to get Windows to see all of the cards and then I lost 3000 Vantage points. So I took the 8800GTX out and then I couldn't get SLI working again either. My problem is the Front Panel connectors on my mobo are located right at the bottom of my 2nd card and they hold the card back slightly unless I get everything lined up exactly perfect. It's a pain in the arse but once it snaps in correctly everything is wonderful :D

Well I took out both cards, swapped the around, reseated them. I took a careful look at both slots before, seeems fine to me. Both click in pretty easily. Unfortunately, once again there's no change :sad: I'll doublly check that slot later with my old card again, as well as double checking whether there's any hinderences to the new card.

Nehuz I'm off to work now, this'll have to wait until I get back. Thanks a ton for the help so far guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom