No Signal (Orange Button) Gateway GT4022

Status
Not open for further replies.

toker42069

Solid State Member
have a gt4022 gateway that keeps getting no signal on the screen when i turn it on....ive changed the wires to the monitor/cpu, ive tried different monitors, all seems to be pointing me to the video card....but before i go buy another want to be sure that the problem any ideas???

also when turn the cpu on the front light dont come on but fan and harddrive seem to be loading

Go to BASIC bare minimum components in your PC, being the motherboard, and CPU, and the PSU, also check to make sure there is a speaker inside the case hooked upto the motherboard, or that the motherboard has one built into it. Try to power it up.

If you get any beep codes, power it down, and insert one stick of ram. Do you still get beep codes? If so, keep moving on to the rest of the parts. When you install a part that no longer results in a beep, you have found your faulty part. But if you get nothing with just the CPU/Mobo/PSU installed, then one of those parts has died.

And for any one else that says you must have one stick of RAM to test this way, no, you don't, most every motherboard WILL give diagnostic errors when a stick of RAM is missing, or really screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom