"No signal" error - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question "No signal" error

Alright..this problem is starting to **** me off now, because I am trying to fix it for a week and nothing has changed.

My build is: i5-3570 soket 1155 Asus P8Z77 V-LX 2400Mhz soket 1155 Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz Powercolor HD 7970 Vortex II PCS+ 3GB 384Bit OCZ Modxstream Pro 600W 80+ modular Viewsonic 23" DVI/VGA LFull HD LED(I sent this back cause I thought the monitor would be the problem and exchanged it with: Philips 21.5" HDMI/DVI/VGA Full HD 1080p LED

I get nosignal error on both of these monitors, but yesterday when I plugged in the 7 years old VGA 18" monitor of my uncle everything was fine, all the drivers are installed and are up to date, those monitors work with other devices, I played Sleeping Dogs maxed out on 1280x768 on that old monitor and never dropped down below 60FPS.

And yesterday my new Philips(I stated it above) arrived as I got the same error on Viewsonic so I changed it, anyway I plugged in this Philips baby and again, no signal message on the screen.

I am so ****ed off, please help me.

N1trogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: "No signal" error

When you turn the computer on and wait a while does it try booting Windows or simply no post? After about 10-20 seconds if your HDD or SSD is showing activity through the LED then just let it do its thing.

"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: "No signal" error

Have you tried to run the setup menu on the monitor. I know you shouldn't have too but it wouldn't hurt to at least go through the settings.are you hooking the monitor up with a HDMI cable?
sPlAtOiD is offline   Reply With Quote