No signal detected after installing water cooling - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default No signal detected after installing water cooling

So, my cpu was overheating and I decided to get a closed cpu water cooling system for my computer (corsair H70 core); i had to completly take apart my computer and install it. so each part including the motherboard. When I took the heatsink off, the cpu stuck on the heat sink without the lever being unclamped from the PGA. I was slightly concerned, but I installed the water cooler and rebuilt the system. When I tried to power it on I got a no signal. after about an hour of trying to get it to work I was able to rule out the cables, monitor, graphics card, PSU... so I'm not sure now. Could a dead cpu cause a no signal detected or is this most likey the montherboard... no odd beep error codes though which is odd if it were the cpu or motherboard..

I used to repair computers for a living, but I have moved onto enterprise networking so I'm kind of out of the stand alone computers game.

The graphics card works in another computer, my monitor can display my laptop, and I have tried three different cables.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: No signal detected after installing water cooling

It was the ram.. Somehow it died even though I used anti-static everything.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

You sure it wasn't just plugged in all the way?
__________________ Steam Account
Old 05-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Networking Apprentice

Well water and silicon parts generally don't mix lol But if you identified the problem then I guess you don't need us Mark the thread as Solved
If you liked what I say or just want to share the love click the scales on the bottom left of my post. :)
Closed Thread