No signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeptix

Beta member
Hello Tech Forums!

I finished re-building my new pc about 2 weeks ago. New case, mobo, PSU, hdd, and RAM.

MSI P7N Diamond
4GB RAM
evga 8800 gts
700 kingwin psu
intel e6600

Been working up until 30 minutes ago. I had it on yesterday, and turned it off around 10:30 after playing some arma 2, got home today and there is no signal.

So what I've done so far...

-re-seat video card, and also try using a friend's 9800gtx.
-changed DVI cable
-tested monitor with PS3...it works
-unplugged everything but the essentials
-took out CMOS battery
-used a different pci slot

Yet to no avail it still won't show signal. Oh and about beeps, I don't hear any, then again I don't think I ever plugged the speaker in because I never had beeps when it was working. So, I'm assuming it's the new motherboard (which is why i upgraded my pc...my other mobo died. LUCKY ME).

Anything else I could possibly test before concluding it's the mobo?

ull have to Try turning it on with motherboard on a non-conductive surface, and only 1 stick of RAM.

Make sure no harddrives or optical drives are plugged in.

ull have to Try turning it on with motherboard on a non-conductive surface, and only 1 stick of RAM.

Make sure no harddrives or optical drives are plugged in.

Okay, I'll test that later tonight once I get the time. I'll try an older motherboard as well.

Clear Cmos and reseat the video card and try again, if same problem try the other memory in different slots.

If it still happens, take out the memory AND video card and turn on.

If the motherboard is working correctly it should make many beeps to indicate no/bad memory or video card.

If it does not do this it likely means the motherboard is bad and needs to be RMAed or replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom