No signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimcan

Baseband Member
I have an e machine with XP. When I start it, all I get is no signal on the monitor.

Cpu fan goes on, however I do not hear the hard drive make any noise. Not sure how to pin point why it does not start

Did you do any updates? Did you isntall any new software? Did you make any changes to the system before this happened?

Like a new start button for Windows or a new power button for the PC?

Do you mean nothing shows on the monitor as soon as you press the power button or only when it starts loading Windows?

when I press start, I only get to see no signal for about a secound and then it shows only a black screen

The start button I replaced was from Radio shack. It is just a mometary button. It worked fine for a week.

It started after i removed the battery and put it back in. Since the hard drive is the only moving part, is it safe to say the drive is going bad?

Is it safe to say a when a processor , mother board, or ram go bad they never work again. But a drive can freeze up making a computer work then unfreeze itself some how , which gives me this trouble of starting only sometimes

No it could be anything. An unstable processor, RAM or unsafe voltages can all cause intermittent instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom