No signal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sengbasy

Solid State Member
Hello,

I turned on my computer today but unluckly it gave me "No signal" in the screen. I tried to start the computer for several times but it didn't work. Everything was fine and I thought that the problem relates to the VGA. However, I tried to put another VGA in order to check the old one but nothing appeared. What should I do?

My computer:
Motherboard: Intel (Not sure about the model)
Processor: P4 1.7GHz
RAM: 1GB SDRAM
VGA: MSI Nvidia Geforce FX 5700LE 256MB

So you tried a different monitor with the computer? Did you try your monitor on a different computer? Are you hearing post beeps?

Hello. What kind of video card do you have? It sounds like a Video Card failure, most of the times its the on board RAM that they have. You need to try a different graphic card or try the one that you have on a different PC to make sure that's causing the error. Post back with results or more info. We'll go from there.

No it doesn't has onboard adapter and as I said before I already tried 2 video cards

Previously I though that it is a video card failure but after trying another video card I've noticed that something else need to be checked.

Thanks "hefemeister"! That's correct, by VGA I thought you meant the Monitor. Anyway, if it's not the video card... how far can you get before the "No Signal" screen? Do you get to the BIOS screen or Windows Logo? Have you tried booting in Safe Mode? Have you installed any new piece of software or hardware before that happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom