No Powerup, no POST. Help?
So, I've had this computer for a few years now and recently it just...died on me. I assumed it was the processor, because I recently applied new thermal grease to it, because it was having overheating issues. So, I moved it to the basement for a night, and it powered up and worked fine for about 15-20 minutes, and then just died.
I tried to restart it, and it would not boot. The fans and LEDs would flicker for about a second, and then stop. The power light on the front of the computer would remain on (green). I have no idea what is causing this problem, and I even gutted the computer and reapplied thermal grease to the processor, making sure it was secure.
I've narrowed it down to the power supply, thinking it may have been a power surge, even though my computer was hooked up to a surge protector at the time. Either my motherboard is being conducted, or my supply is fried, but I honestly don't know. Any helpful advice?