No Power.....Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robqx4

Baseband Member
I have a DELL Latitude D500 laptop and I was working with it sitting on a pillow and it seemed to get pretty hot than it shut-off and now 2 days later it still won't turn on. By the way when I plug my power adapter in the wall I get the green light on it, but as soon as I plug the adapter into the laptop the green light goes off.
Anyway, I think i fried my power supply which is part of the motherboard right?? So do I have to replace the whole motherboard or can this be fixed any other way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

i think i have the same power adaptor, so it's probably the adaptor. The light would probably still work, so I think it's proken. also, the power supply isnt part of the mobo

Thanks Krytoknight, but I know it's not the adapter that's broken. My laptop shut off while I was working on it because it got to hot. Also, I spoke to somebody at Dell or somebody probably in India who told me that the power supply is attached to the mobo on this unit.
If it isn't than why can't I find a seperate power supply for sale for a Dell D500 Titanium anywhere!!??
Whaaaaazzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppp!! =)
Somebody please help me out here!
Thanks!!
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom