Renowned Budgeting Master
Hello i got my new system today which is

E6300 C2D
Biostar 965PT Mobo
1 GB DDR2-800 G.Skill RAM
7900GS Vid Card
450w Rosewill PSU
250GB SATA HDD

IThe mobo i have doesnt have onboard video so i hooked my monitor up straight to the 7900GS via VGA->DVI adaptor.
My monitor wont boot up. Everything else does though, my CPU Fan, case fans, Vid card fan spins. Lights up and everything. The thing is my monitor wont boot. I made sure my card was as snug as possible and that the PCI-E power cable was in as well as my VGA->DVI adaptor really snug. Yet when i turn it on black screen, like my monitor isnt even connected.

I dont think think this has anything to do with it but anyway i have a cable that i have no idea where it goes. Its a little 2x1 white connector that came with my Xion-Xon102 Case. It is a little twisted red and black wire. My "Xion" light on my case isnt lite at the top so i think thats what it may be. Any way, where would this go.

Either way I need to get my monitor hooked up, am i doing something wrong? Ive never built my own computer so ive never had a mobo w/o onboard video. I do just insert the monitor into my Vid card right the first boot? Before i even installl windows?

Please help if you could

Also i noticed when i start up my computer, each time the fans all start up and stuff then it shuts off. If i start it back up it stays on. Could this have anything to do with it?

that shutting down fans problem could be the power supply.

i have a similar problem to you, i just built a system, first time and i have no display.

i get no beeps it just runs with no video, if i take out the ram then it beeps 3 times, so the mobo is working.

does your system beep at all?

I think i found the problem, I found my mobo's LED light onboard error lights. I originally red message as 1: off 2: On to be VGA error. But thats the opposite. !:Off 2:On is Memory error. Now im remembering that the ram i got is 1.9v and 965P chipsets run on stock 1.8v RAM untill you can turn it up. I took out my RAM and it was the exact same error and the exact same problem with no monitor. Possibly the monitor is working fine and it's turning on the fans and stuff just not botting up the computer. Therefore I'm going to go buy value ram from staples and use it to boot then change.

Does this sound plausible to you guys?

hey just to let you know the problem was my ram is was 2.2v and not 1.8v and wouldnt boot my mobo therefore no screen

morgster said:
kmote could my PSU be causing my problem.
i heard it only has 14a on the 12v - i dont know what this means but is it bad? is this for example not giving my GFX enough power to boot the system altho its fans on?
here is my PSU: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/106449/rb/23948461674

14 amps on the 12v rail isn't enough. If I believe the 7900 requires 18or 19 amps on the 12v rail. My 7600 GS is about the same.

EDIT: NM I read about the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom