No Power / Graphics Card not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fateyes

Beta member
Hi, any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated...

I have bitten the bullet and decided to upgrade my system. I have bought a new DFI motherboard, Gainward Graphics card and Ebuyer Power supply. I have an old case from work, and have plugged in my old hard drive and 2 cd / dvd drives.

Motherboard: DFI nf4 Infinity
Graphics Card: Gainward Powerpack! 6600 PCI-E 256 mb
Memory: Crucial DDR PC2700 512mb

So basically I am not getting anything to the monitor. I have plugged everything in as I understand it. If I plug the 12v square power connector in then the cpu fan spins for a split second. Without it in, but with the main power connector in the fan runs fine. The red led's on the board come on whichever power is connected. There doesn't seem to be an additional power connector on the graphics card. I am missing a system fan at the moment - could this be a reason why it is not working?

thanks, fateyes

the psu is likely at fault its cheap crap , i suggest youll get antec truepower 2 430w , its also possible you got the mobo doa but its more likely the psu

i recognise the pwoer supply is cheap, but it did get very good reviews by other customers, and it is supplying at least some power - can it still be at fault (i.e supplying some power but not enough)?

the monitor is fine, as i have an old computer plugged in too, and i am swapping it over to test...

thanks for your suggestions...

Reset the cmos/battery. Are there any beeps? There's nothing wrong with you monitor the board isn't posting, Remove the ram and see if it beeps and same with the video card. 99.99% of the time this is motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom