no power!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sink5757

Solid State Member
I am a noob to this forum but have been building computers for years and have never ran into this problem before.

After putting together a 64 rig, I got no power. CPU fan doesn't spin, case fan doesn't spin, nothing. Bad power supply? Nope, tried a new one. Bad mobo? Nope, tried a new one. I even tried a different power switch.

I disconnected everything but the cpu, ram and cpu fan to eliminate a bad component, tried the mobo outside of the case...I am out of ideas.

Please help me!!!!!

~Josh

First off, never assume that because something is new that it works:D

Second, although it might seem simple, make sure the switch on the back of your CPU is set to the correct voltage as you are using (110V/220V).

If you have a voltmeter, try checking to see if the PSU is supplying any voltage in the first place. Do this with only the PSU plugged into the wall socket, and turned on. It really seems like you have a bad PSU:confused:

No, I actually went out and bought an Antec psu and tried that. It didn't help. I did check the voltage switch and power switch (did that once) and both are right.

HELP ME!!!!

I was debating about the cpu...but wouldnt the fans at least spin? Power light on the case light up?

I have never run into this before. Just for kicks and giggles I am going to try a different outlet too.

I am stumped...maybe I should change my nick to stumpy

ok...now I am mad. Tried a different outlet and still no power...nothing.

Give me some help here folks...please!

Josh

Dumb Question, Did you CONNECT Everything to motherboard that your susposed such as 24/20 Pin power connector and the 4 PIn Connector that goes near the CPU.

Its possible its grounding out, Try booting with only CPU, RAM and Video card with the Motherboard outside of the case. And Make sure you have the On switch to the On positon.

Ste said:
Dumb Question, Did you CONNECT Everything to motherboard that your susposed such as 24/20 Pin power connector and the 4 PIn Connector that goes near the CPU.

Its possible its grounding out, Try booting with only CPU, RAM and Video card with the Motherboard outside of the case. And Make sure you have the On switch to the On positon.

did all that. Even tried using each stick of ram by itself in case that was the issue.

I am getting severly mad. I have $1200 worth of gear sitting here and I can't even get it to post.

josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom