No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester01

Solid State Member
Ok well my computer is not turning on at all nothing no fans turn on no lights .I dont know whats wrong but this is what happen the other day.

I turned off my computer after few mins thinking it was shut down I noticed the button to turn on my comp the light in it was blinking .. So I thought **** I hit standby instead of shutdown..I moved my mouse pressed a few keys nothing happen blank screen as if the comp wasnt turned on .I ended up having the flip the switch in the back on the Power supply.Now got home this morning went to turn on my computer nothing happen no lights turned on no fans turned on nothing at all..I havnt moved my computer so dont think anything got loose.. We had a storm the night before and alot of lightning but dont think that was it..

I did open it up later after many tries making sure it was plugged in and getting power the Power supply did have a bit of a burnt smell to it but i dont know alot about this stuff so dont know if its burnt out or just the smell of the little bit of dust thats around the fan.I plan on just bringing it to the place I got it built and have them take a look .Hope its just the Power supply and that I wont have to spend tons on money on new stuff.

Anyways just wanted to see what you all think and maybe any good power supplys I should buy .. Right now the one in it is a Jpac 500w output.

No I dont think I have any others laying around .. I might have one in the attick with all the old comp junk/parts but I dont remember there being any..If I do have one should I connect the entire thing or just try connecting 1 or 2 things just to see if it was my PSU thats dead or something else? also would it matter on what PSU I have to use or any will do? Like I said I dont know much at all about parts and so, and dont want to be doing somthing I shouldnt be. Thanks for reply

Oh man! I forgot to say WELCOME TO Tech-Forums! :D!

Well let's see; at times, many components suck a lot of power, so some places in your computer might not be having the correct amount of power to start working. If you're planning to try another PSU, you could try connecting it to the optical drive. Some people would suggest you doing the paper-clip test, but I don't really know what that is. For now, try getting another PSU and connecting it to the optical drive. Hopefully some of TF members will be able to assist you through this process.

Thanks :) ..Yeah I will have a look around see if I have any PSU laying around might have one somewhere with all the computer parts I have.thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom