No post when boot up

ncore

Baseband Member
Hi I cleaned my thermal paste on my heatsink and cpu I took the cpu out because I wanted to try it on my other mobo which is exactly the same. When I boot the pc up there's no display whatsoever but the GPU was so loud this happened when I put it back to my original setup. Also the CPU_LED is always on but everything are running such as the fans.

Setup:
p7p55d-e pro
core i5 760
4GB G.Skill RAM
700watt OCZ modular
5870 ati GPU.

*CPU is properly installed and the heatsink
*I didn't remove the mobo
*I reseating the RAMS, tried every slots.
*Double checked every cables everything seems connected properly
*Cleared my CMOS, removed the battery

but there's still no post and the CPU_LED is always lit on red, the gpu is loud when i turn on the pc.

Last edited:
check the bottom side of the cpu to be sure nothing is underneath it and also look very carefully at the motherboard for any bent or damaged pins

well I quadruple checked it there's nothing underneath the cpu, no dust or anything and there's no bent or damage pins.

So out of ideas now :(. Could be the PSU?

Restore Windows 8 without CD or password

No CD, forgot your password, no problem

1- Hold the shift key down, tab on the windows key while you click on the restart icon
2- you will get blue screen with three options, choose the troubleshooting option.
3- Choose reset your PC
4- Pick the full restore option. Caution: Your data will be erased.

Re: Restore Windows 8 without CD or password

No CD, forgot your password, no problem

1- Hold the shift key down, tab on the windows key while you click on the restart icon
2- you will get blue screen with three options, choose the troubleshooting option.
3- Choose reset your PC
4- Pick the full restore option. Caution: Your data will be erased.

Are you in a wrong thread or something?

or you just happened to miss what's the post is all about?

Just quick question, by any chance if a motherboard is broken, will the GPU run so fast and loud?

Back
Top Bottom