No POST or picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All, really, really frustrated. My 2nd PC was working fine, I turned it off today and went to dinner. When I cam back, I turned on the power but I had no picture. Everything powers up, I get my normal 1 beep, then it powers up my DVD for a moment, the HDD makes its normal clicks, and then nothing. So far, this is what I have tried.

1. Replaced the video card, still no picture.
2. Replaced the monitor, same thing.
3. Replaced the power supply with a better high quality PSU, nothing.
4. Popped in a different hard disk, this made the red hard disk indicator come on and stay on, still no picture.

All I have hooked up are 2 ram sticks (512kb total) and a video card. I'm completely stumped because it was working perfectly just a few hours ago. Without any picture I'm confused as to what to do. Would bad memory keep a picture from showing up? Should I remove and reseat the motherboard? Any help is appreciated, again without a picture I'm clueless as to what I can do.

It's a P4 2.8ghz Asus P4s8X MOBO with 512MB Ram

Edited. I have also removed and reseated the CPU, tried another CPU, removed the memory, rearranged the memory, and NOTHING. This is driving me crazy, without hearing any beeps or seeing info on the screen I just do not know what to do.

Help?

Yep, tried 2 other monitors, even reset the Cmos. Trying to dig up an old P4 1.6ghz CPU I have around here to test that, otherwise all I can think of is a bad MOBO.

((( GROUND URSELF BEFORE U START TOUCHING THINGS IN DA PC )))

start from barebone , pull out ur mobo from the case leave these things in: RAM,CPU,PSU,Graphic card (use mobo default IF it has one), and the rest of the stuff just leave them unplugged

Now try booting it, if still no luck then ur gonna have to look at the RAM , CPU, PSU,mobo

If it does boot try plugging one thing at a time and see where it stops POSTing so ull know wats defective

*ALSO* check if u hav any poped Capacitors on ur mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom